I grew up in a suburb of Chicago, where in high school I started to develop a love for photography. In college, my parents bought me a film camera and I began torturing all of my sweet friends by making them be models for my "photo shoots". Somehow, they all still remain good friends to this day, even after I took a lot of awkward not-so-good photos of them. Haha!
I eventually went back to school for photography and then studied with National Geographic photographer Joe McNally to hone in my skills. Soon after that, I opened a full time photography studio at Marathon Village downtown Nashville for 7 years, where I worked with many high end clients and celebrities.
After getting married and starting a family, my husband and I decided I needed to slow the pace a bit. Trying to manage a full time studio downtown and raise a family proved to be a little too overwhelming. I made the difficult decision to let go of the lease on the studio, and instead started to focus on wedding photography.
I absolutely love shooting weddings. Not only do we get to witness amazing moments and meet so many great families and people, it also is a fun challenge for me every weekend. Never knowing what the weather will be, and many other variables make shooting weddings a very fun challenge that I thoroughly enjoy. I do my absolute best to make sure you are 100% satisfied with the process and with your wedding photos, and I take my job very seriously. If bright, happy, timeless wedding photos are what you envision for your day - I'd love to chat with you further!
• Any Will Ferrell movie. Or any really dumb slapstick humor.
• Fluffy animals, especially our German Shepard pound pup, Bernadine.
• Shopping (which I never seem to have time for, since our two little kiddos - but that's okay) :)
• My babies. Well, they're not babies anymore technically -buuuuuttt I'm pretty sure for the rest of their lives, I will call them "my babies"...... I'm sure they'll love me for that in high school.
• Being stuck in traffic
• People chewing loudly in a quiet room (makes my blood boil just thinking about it. What is with that???!!!)
• Coffee (I know, I know... WHAT is the matter with me??) I just never have been able to drink a cup and think, "Man that was good!" Something is clearly the matter with my tastebuds.