We absolutely loved spending the day with Jennifer and David. They both describe themselves as independent wanderer types, who moved away from home and ended up in New York City. After briefly meeting at a friend’s rooftop party, Jennifer’s friend passed her number to David – and a few days later she agreed to a date. After talking for 6 hours on their first date, they knew they might have a future 🙂
From the bride:
“The bond we had was uniquely natural & unlike any other relationships either of us had been in…. In the first month he’d met more of my friends & family than any other had in years. We both knew it was special when our lives synced together so effortlessly, so quickly. Travel has been important to each of us in our self-growth, but we also really value our families. Originally being from Tennessee, I felt important to stay to my roots and share that part of me with David & my new family. We chose Cedarwood because of the Southern Charm it exudes, and the proximity to Nashville’s downtown. I’m a romantic so I wanted a soft feminine pastel color palette that reminded me of spring.”
And here they are, 6 years later….
Jennifer and David, we were honored to be a part of your big day. Here’s to a great beginning to your story!
What we loved about this wedding:
• Jennifer had 2 wedding dresses, one for the ceremony, one for the reception. Both equally fabulous. And can we talk about that hairpiece???
• We loved the way these two looked at each other throughout the day! There was a feeling of pure admiration for the other <3
• The gorgeous bridesmaid dresses from Joanna August, paired with the gorgeous bouquets and florals that the Cedarwood team prepared.
• The cigar bar that the groomsmen enjoyed during the wedding reception. Aaaaaanddd how can we forget about those dance moves??!! The groomsmen deserve a prize for the shenanigans that happened on the dance floor. Ha!
• The getting ready photos at Hunter Paige Salon in Brentwood, TN. This was our first time here and we ADORED it. If you are in need of hair and makeup for your wedding day, and want a modern, swanky location – this is your place!
• The travel theme that Jennifer and David chose for their wedding, and how the Cedarwood staff pulled every detail together with pure perfection.
Hair/makeup: Hunter Paige
Dress brand: Modern Trousseau (ceremony), Essense of Australia (reception)
Dress shop: Modern Trousseau
Veil and hair piece: Modern Trousseau
Bridesmaids dresses: Joanna August – “Ceremony”
Tuxes: Men’s Wearhouse
Flower girl and ring bearer clothing: Etsy – Nicolette’s Couture
Cake: Patty Cakes
Catering: Chef Christopher’s Catering
Paper goods: Designs in Paper
Cocktail design: Aperitif Events